Monday, November 22, 2004

Experiences so far...

Well...how to tell all my experiences in a little weblog? After over 3 months here I guess I could write a couple of books of my experiences in Barcelona.

First of all I want to tell that this is not the end!! We still have 1 month left, and I am going to discover lot´s of things here in Barcelona until the 20.december.

The 1.agusust I travelled by plane from safe Norway to unsafe, scary, and "I don´t know this country",...Spain...I was very excited, but I was also a little terrified leaving all my friends, school, and family at home.
The first 5 weeks we had a spanish course at Enforex...4 hours every week-day...Sometimes it was hard, but afterwards I wished we had a spanish course all the time during the stay here in Barcelona ( maybe something to improve here at St.Ignasi??)
After school we usually hurried home, changed, and went to the beach...A very big contrast for us from Norway and if I would take something home, it would be the weather:)
Usually we went to the beach called Noca-Icaria, which is a beach close to the pizza hut. It´s a clean beach with clean water, opportunity to play volleyball, football etc etc, and it´s easy to come there.
During this 5 weeks I also discovered the city, found my favourite places and get to know knew people. The thing I remember best of these 5 weeks was my visit at Camp Nou, the footballmatch between FC.Barcelona - AC. Milan... It was an incredible experience, and for me who are wreally into football, it was one of my best moments during my "footballife".
After this I have been to one more footballmatch at Camp Nou...I have also been to one footballmatch at Olympia stadium and one in Valencia...

Then the school started here at St.Ignasi;
After 5-6 weeks together with the norwegian girls, I was wreally looking forward to meet new people from other countries...The class was like I hoped, lots of nice people and they all was easy to talk to, get to know and have party´s with. And yes, there has been lot´s of party´s, and mostly I have enjoyed them all!!
The nice thing with this school and class is that we always do things together, visit places and having lots of assignments together in groups. We have an incredible nice school and with lots of nice teachers! I wreally should hope that we had our class like this at home in Norway.
At home we are having lessons together ( 200 students) in a big auditorium. The teacher comes, educates us, and leaves...We are seldom having assignments together in groups, you never get the chance to speak to your teacher, and it´s all about reading the theory for your exam which counts 100 % of your mark. Very boring and a stupid way to have classes.

Then over to the places I have been visiting in Barcelona;
Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Casa Battlo, La Pedrera, Montjuic, Beaches, Labyrint D´Horta, La Rambla, Barri Gotic, El Born, Raval, Camp Nou, Tibidabo, Palau de la Musica, a couple of museums, and many many other places that I can´t come up to right now...
We also went to a fantastic flamenco show, "los tarantos", which I enjoyed a lot. Total different from theatres/musicals at home, and I wreally would like to learn flamenco one time.

I have also visited places outside Barcelona;
With my class we visited Port Aventura, Dali Museum and Castell Gala Dali...All of them was very nice, and it was also good to see something outside Barcelona.
The week before the erasmus program started, me, Inger and Mariann wented "backpacking" to Valencia and Alicante. A fantastic trip in to total different city´s. Valencia was an incredible nice city with lots of nice buildings, architectur, and of course very nice people. The big contrast from this nice city was Alicante. A little city full of tourists, bars and beaches. We visited to friends in our hotel management class at home and it was nice to see how their "studycity" was.
Alltough it was much beach and party´s. Another great place I have been visiting is Montserrat, a nice place 1 hour with train from Barcelona. Beutiful nature, buildings and small trains. A place who are difficult to describe, you just have to visit it yourself.

Back to Barcelona and the food...
For me who are interested in food and wine, Barcelona is a Mecca of gastronomy... There are so many nice restaurants and places to drink wine. The best place I went to was Restaurant Mooo, who belongs to the Hotel Ommm...We ate 7 courses with aperetif and with different wines to each course. The place had an amazing design with nice service from waiters who was watching you all the time. It´s a little bit expensive, but once or twice a year it´s good to go out and spend some money on wreally good food and wine. Everything was made perfectly and it fits together with all of the wines we got...A dream became true in the "gastronomy-way"
Other restaurants I will reccomend are ; Margarita Blue ( mexican food), Agua, and La vinya Del Senyor ( a great wine-bar in El Born). And of course all of the cosy small restaurants who offers El menu del dia.

Then a little about the people here in Barcelona...The 1 month I almost felt like a tourist. I didn´t talk to many local peoples and mostly I was at school, at beach or with friends that I already knew. But later I have talked to lots of local people and I noticed that they are very interested in talking when you are talking about Barcelona, catalonia, and the things around that. The biggest problem are that they are not talking english, but thats just good for my spanish. People in Barcelona are mostly very nice, and if you ask something they do their best to help you.

My homeplace in Barcelona;
Placa Espanya!! a perfect place to live, and it couldn´t be better...It´s close to everything and we live in a very cosy,lively and safe street called Creu Coberta. There are only nice people and I actually feel a little bit home. And of course we have the beautiful fountains ( at fridays and sundays) right in front of the Montjuic Castle. Placa Espanya and the area around is something I will remember a long long long time!

OK!! I should stop writing now!!
I´ll guess it´s to boring for you to read all this...
As I said when I started, I could write a lot about Barcelona and my experience. This is just a short summary and I am almost sure that I have forgotten lot´s of things.
Anyway, I will say thanks for the subject Catalan Culture, you as a teacher ( who has learned me a lot about the culture here), and the original way of having this subject( I was thinking about this weblog). I still have 1 month left here in Barcelona and I am looking forward to lots of new experiences. It´s a pity that 5 people already have left us, but I am sure that the rest of us will have a fantastic last month

Adeu, hasta luego, and Hade bra!!

-Eivind Hjulstad-




7 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

Hi Eivind!

Wow! It's obvious you have had an exciting time here and have really taken advantage of the experience - It was very interesting to read all of the things ou've been up to, and I'm happy for you. It's been a pleasure meeting you, and good luck with your studies back home!

December 15, 2004 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger lucyalexander5893 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

December 30, 2005 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger franharolds7004 said...

Hey Meet Me Today I'm available in your area tonite GO HERE NOW!

January 8, 2006 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger johneywarner23784627 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

May 4, 2006 at 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doggy Steps

April 7, 2011 at 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel Checks

May 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mobile Retirement Home Park

August 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home